Front refurbishment, extension, and landscaping, Tooting Bec
Extension – 20 weeks
Front refurbishment – 8 weeks
Working in two phases, Harringtons Group transformed this terraced property, adding an impressive new extension and completely altering the exterior. There were a number of key technical challenges that the team overcame though careful planning. The desire for an open pitch ceiling throughout the extension meant that the weight needed to be supported safely using a custom-designed cranked beam, carefully positioned using specialist machinery. This was made particularly difficult by the lack of rear access to the property, a major challenge that required all earth and waste to be transported via the house. To accomplish this, we protected all surfaces and items on the ground floor of the property, setting up conveyor belts to move tons of waste and materials between the front and rear of the property.
What work was carried out?
- Added a rear and mini side extension onto the terraced house, complete with full width bifold doors.
- Installed custom-designed cranked beam structural work.
- Installed a new kitchen and a W.C. under the stairs.
- Landscaped the rear of the property, adding cedar cladded fencing, raised sleeper beds, and a turf garden.
- Installed a GRP bay roof.
- Repaired and repainted damaged masonry, including a detailed floral mould that was in poor condition
- Rendered the exterior using Weber monocouche colour render.
- Installed new fascias and guttering.
- Demolished the existing garden wall and replaced it with a new one that was rendered to match the property, and incorporated black iron railings and a gate.
- Landscaped the front of the property, creating an open porch, adding a Victorian tiled pathway, and a white Cotswold gravel garden.