Full bungalow refurbishment,
Project duration – 22 weeks
Over the course of 22 weeks, Harringtons Group transformed this dated bungalow, substantially expanding the property and overhauling its interior. Working from plans and structural drawings provided by the customer’s architect, this project posed a number of technical challenges, including the relocation of water, gas, and electric services to suit the new footprint and layout of the property. Additionally, specialist work was needed to accommodate the existing foul drainage pipe where a footing was required for the new extension.
What work was carried out?
- Removed existing garage
- Added a side and rear wraparound single-storey extension
- Built a new porch with timber beam gable end detail
- Undertook structural steel work to support the additions to the property
- Installed a large pitch roof with gable end front, plus upgraded loft insulation
- Refurbished and redecorated in full, including a new kitchen diner, utility room, large third reception room, bathroom, and master en suite
- Installed a new unvented heating system and boiler
- Re-wired the property
- Landscaped the rear of the property to create a new boundary wall, stepped patio, retaining wall, and turf garden
“We would like to say a massive thanks to you and your team for the fantastic work you have done whilst extending our dated bungalow to a most wonderful, spacious and modern bungalow. Both of us are very happy to have our dream retirement home.
The team of people that worked on our property were top craftsman, friendly and professional. We also felt they were respectful to all our neighbours who had to put up with a lot of building work for 7 months.
Even our architect commented on the very high standard of quality of work finished off by you and your team, bring it from brickwork, plastering, roofing, new central heating, full kitchen and bathrooms fitting and creating a beautiful patio and walkway area.
Our rear garden became our building site and now you have made it look lovely with the finished turfed lawn.
We didn’t know you before you started work on our extension, but it’s been an absolute pleasure working with you and your team Alex and we wish you all the very best in the future. Your attention to detail and your work ethic are a real asset to you.
Should we need any more work done, we won’t hesitate to contact you.”